advocating for a safe transporation network for biking and walking
Sunday, Jan. 27th
What you need to know about the Bike Brunch weekend starts here. This is Naples’ premier bicycling event. We look forward to your attendance.
Please review this page to ensure a fun and stress free event.
Lowdermilk Park at the beach on Gulf Shore Blvd. S. & Baynan Blvd.
Hours of operation 6:30 AM – 3:00 PM
* Come early for coffee, bagels and fruit pre-ride as early as 6:30 A.M.
* Registration will open at 6:30 am. For those pre-registered riders who have not picked up their materials, please go to the registration table.
* Tents will be set up by several bike shops to attend to mechanical concerns and repairs. They will be available after the ride to sit and chat with.
* The Naples Police Department support Naples Pathways Coalition’s efforts to create safe pathways for all pedestrians. They will have a booth to answer questions and safety materials and bike lights for adults with a official form of identification.
* Moe’s Southwest Grill will serve “Brunch” from 10:30 AM – 1:30 PM. Enjoy a very festive plentiful meal.
* Multiple supporters have booths available including stretching, massage, and many others. Naples Velo Bike Club is a strong supporter of NPC efforts. Take some time to sit and chat. Their web site is awesome!
All operations close at 3:00 PM . You MUST CALL to let us know if you are
returning to Lowdermilk after 1:30 pm so we can box lunch for you OR
if you will be returning after 3:00 pm. Phone number is on the maps., but you can put it in your phone now: 239-777-7718.
* We have great rides for all levels of riding. Options include 10-miles, 20-miles, 30-miles, 62-miles, and 100-miles. The 10, 20, and 30 mile rides are all within the Old Naples area. The 62 and 100 mile routes include some of Old Naples with the routes taking you into our county as well.
* Well-supported Rest Areas are designed within each route to offer easy access to bathrooms, water, food, and chat time with new friends.
* Maps will be posted by Jan. 1, for all routes.
* Hard copies maps and cue sheets will be available starting at the Saturday site for pre-registered rider packet pickup and riders who want to registration site. See Saturday information.
* All rides have SAG truck and bicycle support from our local Bike Shops. NPC members will have the screaming yellow “Share the Road” vests to identify themselves as available to answer questions and offer help.
* BRING YOUR CELL PHONE TO CALL US IF ANY QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS. In case of an emergency or issue, please put Michelle's number in your phone now: 239-777-7718.
Ride Distances and Ride Maps:
7:00 am - 100-mile ride begins. 100 mile map and cue
Iron Joe will lead you out of the park. There will be groups going 23+ MPH, and controlled 21-23. However, this is a small group of century riders and we urge everyone to ride safely at your own pace. In traffic situations, it is advisable to ride with a few others in order to keep yourself highly visible. Ride Captains will be introduced at 7:00.
8:00 am - 62-mile ride begins. 62 mile map and cue
We have 5 pace groups leaving the park a few minutes apart with ride leaders to initiate the specified pace. You do not have to stay at the pace you choose to leave with. However, this venue creates an opportunity to meet and ride with others who ride at your pace. The group range is 24 MPH+, 22-24 MPH, 20-22 MPH,18-20 MPH, 16-18 MPH, 14-16 MPH. Ride Captains will be introduced at 8:00.
8:30 am - 30-mile ride leaves at 8:30 am. 30 mile map and cue
There will be 2 broud speed ranges: under 20 MPH and under 17 MPH. Ride Captains will be introduced at 8:30 am
9:00 am - 20-mile ride leaves the park. 20 mile map and cue
This ride is perfect for new riders and for families.This ride will have 2-3 of the City of Naples Police riding along with ride guides.
10:00 am - 10-mile ride leaves the park. 10 mile map and cue
This ride is perfect for new riders, olderriders, and families with children. This ride will have 2-3 of the City of Naples Police riding with the group along with ride guides.
How Fast Do I need to Ride:
Please relax and enjoy yourself. This is not a race. We’ve got riders who are 6 and other riders 80-years-old. So enjoy what is truly YOUR ride. Just be aware of those around you including cars. Safety is your sole priority other than enjoying your ride.
Rules of Engagement:
SAFETY IS ALWAYS A PRIMARY GOAL OF A TRULY FUN RIDE
Helmets must be worn. This prevents head injury if a fall occurs.
Vigilance is key to prevent injury. Watch for potholes or any road obstruction in front of you including cars coming in from side streets or bikes passing you.
Team Play is to call out any obstacles or potential danger to others in front or behind you.
Stop at Stop signs and lights if indicated. You are considered a vehicle so you must obey the rules of the law.
Naples is an urban area so it is helpful for your safety to be watchful both for yourself and others.
Find buddies to ride with. While large pace lines can be dangerous, it is often best to ride with others to make yourself more visible. Also, it’s fun !!!
SAG: support and Emergency Communication
* Our local bike shops are providing both mechanic and SAG support throughout all rides and at Lowdermilk Park. Thank you to The Bike Route, Big Momma’s Bike Shop, Naples Cyclery, and Trek Bike Shop of Naples.
* Emergency phone number will be provided on maps for use if you need to communicate with Headquarters if needed. PLEASE BRING YOUR CELL PHONE TO COMMUNICATE WITH US IF YOU NEED HELP.
* Off-site parking is strongly recommended as parking at Lowderrmilk Park is very
limited as we must share the space with our sunbathing compatriots.
* Parking recommendations and map are included on this site for off-site parking options. For example, the parking lot at the Bank of America is a half mile away with very easy bikeable access to Lowdermilk Park. Riders from Naples should ride to the park. We can hold any items you want to have at the beach at the NPC tent.
* If you do park at the Lowdermilk, please see us for a parking permit which is good until 3:00 pm.
NEED MORE INFORMATION? Contact Info@naplespathways.org